Monday, September 17, 2012

Screenr: Ridiculously Easy Screencasting

I often have the need to create short screen casts for courses and professional development workshops to illustrate key points or processes. The go-to tool that I use is Screenr because it is ridiculously simple to use and it is free. You simply need to sign up for an account, choose the area of the screen that you want to record,  then publish your recorded video to the Screenr site or YouTube.

You are limited to 5 minutes recording time but best practice would suggest a 2-3 minute clip would be optimal. I use these to go over key processes that I may otherwise have to repeat many times in class or even to explain assignment directions that the sub can play for students when I know that I am going to be out.

This is a screencast that I recorded today using Google Presentation and Screenr. I will put this in a folder in Edmodo so that when students have questions about completing their DBQs in class or at home they can refer to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment